La Bodega

Tales and pictures from our little corner of the world.

10.01.2009

Built to Spill at First Ave on 9/24

Last week I had the privilege to see Built to Spill at First Ave. This was the 5th time I've gotten to see them, and the third time at First Ave alone. Each show at First Ave has gotten better and better. This time was certainly no exception. The set list covered pretty much their entire catalog and didn't favor one album over another. If you have ever been to a really great concert, you know what I am talking about when there is that moment in one song in particular that you know is coming and you are waiting for it, and when it comes your heart skips a couple beats and the whole crowd, as well as the band, is just loving life at that moment, and it is just perfect. That moment occurred during Carry The Zero from my favorite album of theirs "Keep It Like A Secret" at precisely the 3:59 to mark of the song. I love this band, and will see them every opportunity I get. Below are a couple shots I took from my phone as well as the set list. Also if you didn't notice I put there new album as my spotlight album, as I have now listened to it for the 2nd time in a row and already feel like it is their strongest since Keep It Like A Secret.




Set List - Song Title (Album)

Liar (You In Reverse)
Nowhere Nothin Fuckup (Ultimate Alternative Wavers)
Dystopian Dream Girl (There's Nothing Wrong With Love)
Virginia Reel Around The Fountain (Live)
Gone (You In Reverse)
Hindsight (There Is No Enemy)
Stop The Show (Perfect From Now On)
Fly Around My Pretty Little Miss (Ancient Melodies of the Future)
Stab (There's Nothing Wrong With Love)
Oh Yea (There Is No Enemy)
Conventional Wisdom (You In Reverse)
Carry The Zero (Keep It Like A Secret)

Encore

Time Trap (Keep It Like A Secret)
Big Dipper (There's Nothing Wrong With Love)
Untrustable Pt. 2 (Perfect From Now On)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home